The Software Developer will participate in a team environment utilizing both waterfall and agile methodologies to develop and maintain customer applications for ASMGi’s customers. The successful candidate should be capable of performing one or more additional roles (e.g., designer, analyst, coder, tester, maintenance/support) and be flexible to role changes based on the project team needs. The candidate should feel at ease working in a team environment and be a constructive participant in team meetings and technical discussions. Most importantly, the candidate must be a self-starter, must be capable of working independently while sharing ideas, coaching other developers, and work directly with users to deliver products which meet the needs of the business.
This Software Developer role requires a holistic view of the system from both the customer and technical perspectives to ensure a successful, deployable product. The developer will need to work closely with customers, users, other developers, analysts, designers, and/or testers as well as project technical advisors and help desk/technical support personal.
The individual in this role will:
- Actively participate with the project team to design, develop, deliver, deploy, and maintain new applications.
- Participate in project meetings and in the team’s daily standup, iteration review, retrospectives, and iteration planning meetings.
- Participate as a forward thinking part of a project team to share ideas, plan iterations, resolve issues, assign roles, and deliver the prescribed product(s) on time.
- Work in concert with users and other team members to define, revise, test and deliver products that meet the customer’s requirements.
- Take direction from and collaborate closely with ASMGi’s Chief Technology Architect.
- Desired Skills and Experience
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of both application and web experience on a Microsoft platform.
- 5+ years of current experience as a Microsoft .Net C# developer.
- 5+ years of developer-level database experience with SQL Server, Oracle, and/or MySQL.
- Development experience on Microsoft platforms utilizing Visual Studio.
- 3+ years agile project experience.
- Experience with use of XML and XSLT transforms (2 years).
- Working knowledge of Web Services (preferably 2+ years with SOAP or JSON).
- Proficient Microsoft Office usage (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Experience with a broad range of technologies, strategies, products and their application to business services.
HIGHLY PREFERED SKILLSET
- Experience with HTML5 with CSS3.
- Experience with Document Databases.
- Experience with Entity Framework.
- Experience with user stories, use cases, rapid prototyping, story boards and wire frames.
- Automated testing experience.